Monday, May 4, 2009

Emeril at the Grill - Bacon Potato Salad

Matt is a huge potato salad fan. We have made lots of different versions it but he still seems to like the classic style he gets from delis better than ours. Until we made this potato salad...
Bacon Potato Salad
This salad it another recipe from Emeril at the Grill: A Cookbook for All Seasons
& it is a winner. Matt said it's  closest to the potato salads that he loves that we've ever made. I think its the hard boiled egg in the salad that makes it for him. Well, that & the bacon...who can resist the bacon? The cayenne gives it a little bite. It's super easy to make & can be served warm or cold.
IMG_3093
One nice thing about this book is it includes sides, drinks and desserts to go with grilled foods not just the grilled foods themselves. I love that because I'm always looking for interesting new sides and especially find it hard to find them for the summer.

Bacon Potato Salad
(From Emeril at the Grill: A Cookbook for All Seasons)

2 lb small red potatos, quartered
3/4 t salt
1/4 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t ground black pepper
2 T lemon juice
1/3 c chopped celery
2 T green onion, finely chopped
1 T fresh parsley, chopped
4 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
3/4 c mayonnaise
1 1/2 T whole grain mustard (we were all out & just used Dijon & it was great)
4 strips bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled

Place the potatos in a saucepan & cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook until fork tender about 10 - 12 minutes. Drain & put in a bowl. While still warm season the potatoes with salt, cayenne, pepper and lemon juice. Toss well. Add the celery, onion, parsley & eggs.

Mix the mayonnaise & mustard together. Stir into the salad. Add the bacon & toss gently.

Serve right away or refrigerate & serve cold.

6 servings

If you are not reading this post in a feed reader or at http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com OR at http://agoodappetite.com then the site you are reading is illegally publishing copyrighted material. Contact me at katbaro AT yahoo DOT COM. All recipes, text and photographs in this post are the original creations & property of the author unless otherwise noted.
© 2007-2009 Kathy Lewinski

7 comments:

LoveFeast Table said...

I will try this for sure, this summer! I think the bacon and the cayenne, sound great! Potato salad is not my husbands fav, but, maybe this one might be, "the One"!! Also, want to say, hi and introduce myself, as a new Minnesota food blogger. I am one half of LoveFeast Table (my partner writes from Baltimore, MD) Thanks!!

Maris said...

Please don't tempt me with bacon and potatoes anymore unless I'm getting some :)

Stacey Snacks said...

You had me at "potato salad".
I haven't made my potato salad yet, it just doesn't feel right in May. Maybe in June.
I am very sensitive about my potato salad! The addition of bacon is decadent!

Thistlemoon said...

That really does sound good, Kat - bacon and potatoes always a good combo!

Deborah said...

You are making me want to make everything from this book!

grace said...

i love that there's so much more mustard than mayonnaise--that alone makes it a winner for me. a little heat, a little bacon--this is a great find!

kat said...

Hey folks. Sorry I just discovered a typo in the recipe. It should have read 1 1/2 T Mustard not 1 1/2 Cups. Yikes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get Email Updates!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Measurement Abbreviations

T = Tablespoon
t = teaspoon
c = cup
lb = pound
oz - ounce

Labels

Blog Archive

Contributors

Blog Directory for Minneapolis, Minnesota